Blank Children’s Hospital Festival of Trees and Lights 202311/2/2023
Blank Children’s Hospital is proud to announce the 40th Annual Festival of Tree & Lights. This event is the largest fundraiser for Blank Children’s Hospital and a central Iowa tradition to kick off the holiday season. Festival of Tree & Lights supports Child Life and the Center for Advocacy and Outreach.
• View the beautifully decorated trees and vote for your favorite.
• Bid on the custom decorated trees in the Tree Farm silent auction.
• Watch special performances from local music groups and dance teams. • Complete a scavenger hunt among the trees and earn a prize.
• Enjoy the Children’s Area with fun crafts and activities on the first level. • Slide around the sock “skating rink” in your favorite festive socks.
• Shop for holiday gifts and décor from our unique Festival Boutiques.
• Take your photo with Santa, ride the children’s train and much more!
Iowa Events Center — Veterans Memorial Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center
833 5th Avenue, Des Moines, IA
November 24 – 26, 2023
Fri: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sat: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sun: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Admission: $5 (children 2 and under are free)
Tickets can be purchased at the door or in advance online at FestivalOfTrees.com.
Festival Honorary Chairs: Kim and Tom Bakey
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Mark Tauscheck, Media Relations November 2, 2023 (515) 205-6090 Mark.firstname.lastname@example.org
Each year, hundreds of volunteers give of their time and talents to make Festival come to life. Volunteers 14 and 15 years of age can volunteer with a parent or guardian. Volunteers 16 and older are welcome to volunteer on their own. To sign up to volunteer, please visit: festivaloftrees.com.
- Gala | Nov.21 at 6p.m.
Entertainment, cocktail hour, dinner, program, silent and live auctions.
- Sensory Day at Festival | Nov. 22
Sensory Day is a special day designed for sensory sensitive individuals of all ages. This event is open to the public for those who would like to experience the trees in a quiet atmosphere.
- Blood Drive | Nov. 24 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
LifeServe Blood Center of Iowa is partnering with us to host an onsite blood drive. Sign up online at https://donor.lifeservebloodcenter.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/184138 or walk- ins are welcome.
Presenting Sponsor: Iowa Realty
Sponsors: Sheri Avis Horner; IMT Insurance, The Graham Group Inc., Kim & Tom Bakey, CLE, Inc., Edge Companies, Fareway, Fran Fleck & Terry Greenley, The Four Sisters Foundation, Jackie and Jeff Gordon, John R. & Zelda Z. Grubb Charitable Foundation, Dennis & Barbara Linderbaum, Scott & Amy Packard, Principal Financial Group, SCHEELS All Sports, and Tito’s Handmade Vodka.
Friends of Festival: Commonwealth Electric Company of the Midwest