We love politics. We know you do, too. And this is a great time to be a journalist in Iowa with a heated debate in full swing for the Republican gubernatorial race. Freelance reporter Douglas Burns offers his western Iowa perspective in this week’s cover story, providing three scenarios that could play out. The money is on former Gov. Terry Branstad, but it’s early and anything can happen.
Elsewhere in the paper you can read about:
- why Gov. Chet Culver should just wink (Civic Skinny);
- how teams will participate in the first ever Des Moines Dance Off (Locker Room);
- what bands will be playing at the 2010 CAMP Fest (Scene Scribe);
- why “Red Dead Redemption” is a Western winner (Sore Thumbs);
- how The Clubhouse has gone through changes… again (Belly Up);
- where new Sushi bars are located in Ankeny and Dogtown (Food Dude);
- why the pioneer woman cooks (Book Review);
- why the winner on “American Idol” will be a loser (On the Tube);
- how Merle Haggard has outlasted his ability to write, pick and sing (Soundcheck);
- and where more law enforcement is needed at Okoboji (Our View).
Thanks for reading. CV